Key Account Manager (Technical Sales - Textiles)
Beaulieu International Group (www.bintg.com), a growing global company with headquarters in Belgium (Waregem), is specialised in raw chemical materials (polymers), semi-finished engineered products (yarns, fibres technical textiles and technical sheets), a broad range of floor coverings for both residential and commercial markets (laminate, parquet, carpet, artificial grass…) and upholstery fabrics. The family-owned company is active in 17 countries and serves customers in 140 countries.
BIG employs over 5,000 people across 29 plants and 18 sales and distribution offices. Keeping in mind a long-term vision, the main values of the company are: sustainability, innovation and care for its employees. To support their ongoing growth and to guarantee success in the future, BIG is looking for a Key Account Manager (Technical Sales - Textiles) to enforce the Belgian Sales team.
As a Key Account Manager (Technical Sales - Textiles), you are responsible for expanding and optimizing the business for the contract market in Europe. In your position as a Key Account Manager and Project Manager, you work closely together with the operations, marketing and technical teams in Komen/Comines. Your customers consist of both multinationals and family-owned businesses (B2B).
• Follow-up and increase of existing customer portfolios in your region, through active prospection, participating in trade fairs and frequent contact with customers.
• Reach and follow up KPI targets: commercial contribution, market intelligence, volume, payment terms, etc.
• Use your organisational skills in order to manage projects, work out short- and long-term strategies and work together with supply chain and production to find a unique solution for each customer.
• Work both independently and as a team player: you manage your own customers but you consult and confer with your colleagues on a regular basis.
• You mainly act as a farmer: maintaining and enforcing existing relationships and prospecting new opportunities within these contacts.
• You report directly to the Managing Director
• Master’s Degree or equivalent experience with a technical, engineering or business background.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in B2B Sales, preferably within yarns, flooring or textile industries.
• A strong interest in an international career is crucial. You are prepared to travel abroad frequently (40% of the time).
• You are a hands-on team player with excellent organisational skills. You are also able to work independently.
• Important competencies: well-developed analytical skills, strategic thinker, strong communication skills, result-oriented, proactive and action driven.
• Thanks to your customer orientation and commercial touch you are capable of developing long-term relationships with customers.
• You are fluent in English (spoken and written) and your mother tongue is either French or Dutch. German or other languages are a plus.
• An interesting challenge in an international, financially strong and fast-growing company.
• Training at the company’s head offices.
• The opportunity to develop within a firm where you have room for initiatives, independence and commercial input.
• Competitive salary with extra-legal benefits.