Product Marketing Specialist
GRACO (www.graco.com), a strongly growing US company with EMEA head offices in Maasmechelen, is part of your daily life: they pump the peanut butter and mayonnaise into your jar, the filling into your cookie, and the oil into your car. They glue the soles of your shoes, the glass in your windows and pump the ink onto your bills. GRACO is the most innovative developer of an incredibly diverse range of fluid management technology systems for various markets: food, construction, aviation, oil and gas, energy, electronics, transport, packaging, automotive etc. A strong focus on quality and continuous striving for product improvement (R & D) lies at the basis of this success story. GRACO was founded in 1926 in Minneapolis and today has over 3300 distribution partners in over 100 countries.
The Maasmechelen location, with 120 Employees, is Graco's EMEA Headquarters. To support their ongoing growth and to guarantee success in the future, this Marketing & Communication team (more than 30 people) needs to be strengthened with a professional, creative and international oriented Product Marketing Specialist (m/f).
As a Product Marketing Specialist, you will contribute to incremental divisional sales, profit growth and market share, by developing and introducing new product improvements. You will be the key person to receive feedback from the market on product related issues such as application testing, improvement opportunities, material specifications, quality, end-user habits, safety requirement … As main contact for the US colleagues, you will inform them about your findings which should be resulting in new products adapted to the regional EMEA needs.
- Your primary focus is to identify and communicate European product requirements, to ensure competitive and accurate positioning/pricing, and to develop/implement successful product launches.
- You are the primary liaison with your GRACO colleagues, distributors and end users regarding product line, application innovations and enhancement.
- You provide specialist back-up both at the enquiry stage and negotiation stage, to secure sales.
- You provide product specific sales and marketing tools on time so as to enable the sales personnel to negotiate profitable product sales through customer perception of technical merit, capability and supplier preference.
- You communicate with GRACO colleagues in similar positions in other regions to ensure coordination of activities.
- You support the profitable growth of GRACO product sales in conjunction with corporate objectives and the annual business plan.
- You provide also responsible forecast data on time so as to enable the relevant logistical preparation and planning.
- You improve effectiveness of Material Manufacturers activities by assessing current situation with regards to contacts, equipment in labs and so on. Based on the assessment you organize activities and propose additional tactics and strategies.
- You stimulate Graco equipment preference with end users by developing application profiles and case studies for specific materials tied to Graco equipment recommendations.
- Based on contacts and experiences with Material Manufacturers, you identify attractive potential market segments and formulate strategies to develop these markets.
- You support Training Sessions and VIP days when required.
- Engineering degree or equivalent technical experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a marketing position in an industrial environment (construction, paint, industrial pumping, lubricants or similar industries)
- Experience in an international corporation preferred: open-minded, broad view and sensitive to cultural differences
- Important competencies: a good business acumen, a methodical approach, innovative/creative mindset, good commercial feeling, excellent interpersonal skills, presentation and training skills
- Ability to communicate with top management levels
- High sense of accountability and commitment
- Professional use (spoken and written) of English. Knowledge of Dutch and/or German and/or other European language is an advantage
- Willing to travel frequently (30 %, in Europe, shorter periods)
- Work location is in Maasmechelen
GRACO offers a full-time contract of indefinite duration, a competitive salary with extra-legal benefits in a challenging and international work environment. This company definitely has an eye for continuous learning so you will get all opportunities to develop your talent and to work on a variety of interesting projects. A stimulating working atmosphere together with diverse sports facilities.